Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Back To Normal



For regular followers you will be pleased to read that I am now back home and will be taking care of business as soon as I settle back into a normal stride. I wish to thank Larry (once again) for keeping this blog alive whilst I was away. Oh by the way it was not all vacation as reported we managed to take care of lots of outstanding business on our trip. 

I can safely say we tied everything up except for a couple of items which can wait for a later date.

I notice from other blogs that lots of Machin news has been reported over the past few weeks, I have no intention of repeating any of the reports as I know that most readers use the same sites as myself to keep up with current events and information.


One item that has not yet been reported in full is the fact that on the 19th September 2013 a new booklet 6 x 1st class will be issued . This is tied to a special issue commemorating various aspects of carrying the Mail. 

The booklet will hold two special issues in self adhesive format, The Merchant Navy and a Royal Mail post office van will accompany 4 x 1st class Machins:

The Red Machins will have code C and the 2013 date. A nice addition to any collection I think.


No comments: